Fast Facts About Medical Cannabis and Opioids delves into the epidemiology behind chronic pain, what the endocannabinoid system is, and how it works. It examines the complex interactions of opiates, cannabinoids, and the central nervous system, and answers key questions about different types of medical cannabis to promote open, honest conversations. Above all, this handbook provides the tools for obtaining unbiased, accurate information to share with patients.
- Delivers a comprehensive overview of the opioid crisis in the United States and the benefits and drawbacks of medical cannabis as an alternative or supplement to opioids
- Discusses dos and don’ts of recommending medical cannabis to patients
- Provides the most up-to-date information on cannabis legislation
- Covers the endocannabinoid system and its biology
- Compares the use of opioids and medical cannabis for managing chronic pain
- Presents key information in short chapters, bulleted content, and figures, plus Fast Facts boxes that highlight key information